Can acupuncture really work for my sprained wrist?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes it is possible

Acupuncture usually help all kind of pain in body if applied correctly including wrist pain, however if you have mechanical problem you have to fix it.
Thank you.

In brief: Yes it is possible

Thank you.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Partially

Acupuncture has been shown to decrease pain but it will not treat or cure the sprain.
The wrist should be examined to make sure that there are no true ligament injuries that can lead to chronic problems including arthritis.

In brief: Partially

Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
2 comments
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Acupuncture done correctly can definitely speed up the healing of your wrist by increasing the blood flow to the muscles, ligaments and tendons in the wrist.
Dr. Oswari - Acupuncture is used in the military to speed return of personnel to full duty. This is done through increase of blood flow, lymphatic flow & Qi as was as reduction of inflammation.

I agree with dr. Hadied.
Acupuncture will not replace any necessary surgical repairs. However it can alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. It can also accelerate healing through reducing obstructions in blood circulation, lymphatic drainage, nerve conductivity and qi. However, for optimum benefit - it is best to treat as soon after injury as possible.

I agree with dr. Hadied.