I place my laptop in my lap frequently to work. Is there a risk of radiation issues by doing that?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Mild

There is a mild risk of electromagnetic radiation.
This is particularly important to men, since it may cause reduction in sperm motility and increase in fragmentation of the dna in the sperm. Citation: avendaño c, mata a, sanchez sarmiento ca, doncel gf. Fertil steril. 2012 jan;97(1):39-45.E2. Epub 2011 nov 23.

In brief: Mild

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Laptops on Laps

Laptops also generate a significant amount of heat that can over time interfere with sperm production.
Laptops are not meant for laps, particularly if you are trying to conceive a child.

In brief: Laptops on Laps

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery