Is it a way yo tell if you are having a boy or a girl?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Ultrasound

Often it is possible to determine if the fetus is male or female during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.

In brief: Ultrasound

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Carla Enriquez
you'll find out if there's more than one in there, too!
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Non-invasive test

Let me add that there are new technologies coming that allow us to isolate fetal cells in the mother's blood.
The fetal cells can then be tested to determine the fetal sex. These test were invented to help with certain sex-linked genetic disorders like hemophilia, where knowing the sex could avoid other invasive tests. I assembled some links about this technique (http://bitly.Com/zjlhau).

In brief: Non-invasive test

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Several

1. 2nd and 3rd trimester ultrasound 2.
Amniocentesis if done, will have that information 3. Wait until baby is born there are a lot of old wive's tales out there suggesting other ways to tell, but they're usually just that, tales and myths.

In brief: Several

1. 2nd and 3rd trimester ultrasound 2.
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Jonathan Jassey