How should I check the IUD string in me?

Dr. Brian Enggano

In brief: Feel the strings

Checking the strings of your iud is a quick, easy way to check to see if your iud is still present in the uterus.
You should feel strings (only 3-4 cm long) coming from the cervix. Do not pull the strings as this could cause inadvertent removal of the iud. See you doctor if you cannot feel the strings.

In brief: Feel the strings

Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology

In brief: Feel string @cervix

It is recommended to check the string after each menstrual cycle.
You need to place one finger gently into your vagina, touch your cervix, and feel for the string. It should feel like a fine piece of fishing line. If you can't feel it, check with your gynecologist.

In brief: Feel string @cervix

Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham