How should I check the IUD string in me?

Dr. Brian Enggano
In brief: Feel the strings
Checking the strings of your iud is a quick, easy way to check to see if your iud is still present in the uterus.
You should feel strings (only 3-4 cm long) coming from the cervix. Do not pull the strings as this could cause inadvertent removal of the iud. See you doctor if you cannot feel the strings.

In brief: Feel the strings
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology
In brief: Feel string @cervix
It is recommended to check the string after each menstrual cycle.
You need to place one finger gently into your vagina, touch your cervix, and feel for the string. It should feel like a fine piece of fishing line. If you can't feel it, check with your gynecologist.

In brief: Feel string @cervix
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Adam Levy