Im so afraid I have alzheimers. I want to go for the ct. What else can I do to for a 2nd opinion?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Go see your doctor

Your family doc can assess your current cognitive function and order appropriate tests to either allay or confirm your fears (to some extent).
But realize there are currently no 100% accurate tests for diagnosing alzheimer's dementia although the new pet scan w/florbetapir is better than anything else we have. Regardless of diagnosis, exercise & nutrition are key to quality of life & outcome.

In brief: Go see your doctor

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Amyvid...

Amyvid pet scan (f18-florbetapir) is helpful in ruling out alzheimer's disease.
However, a positive scan does not necessarily mean that you have alzheimer's. The tracer binds to beta amyloid plaques in the brain. These plaques can be seen in many types of dementia and other conditions including alzheimer's.

In brief: Amyvid...

Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Garry Choy
Radiology

In brief: Consult physician

Consult your physician if you need an MRI scan or any additional biomarker tests.

In brief: Consult physician

Dr. Garry Choy
Dr. Garry Choy

In brief: Get evaluated

It's important to get a proper examination by a physician trained to evaluate patients with memory loss as there are many causes of memory loss.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Darren Gitelman