Im so afraid I have alzheimers. I want to go for the ct. What else can I do to for a 2nd opinion?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Go see your doctor
Your family doc can assess your current cognitive function and order appropriate tests to either allay or confirm your fears (to some extent).
But realize there are currently no 100% accurate tests for diagnosing alzheimer's dementia although the new pet scan w/florbetapir is better than anything else we have. Regardless of diagnosis, exercise & nutrition are key to quality of life & outcome.

In brief: Go see your doctor
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: Amyvid...
Amyvid pet scan (f18-florbetapir) is helpful in ruling out alzheimer's disease.
However, a positive scan does not necessarily mean that you have alzheimer's. The tracer binds to beta amyloid plaques in the brain. These plaques can be seen in many types of dementia and other conditions including alzheimer's.

In brief: Amyvid...
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Garry Choy
Radiology
In brief: Consult physician
Consult your physician if you need an MRI scan or any additional biomarker tests.

In brief: Consult physician
Dr. Garry Choy
Dr. Garry Choy
In brief: Get evaluated
It's important to get a proper examination by a physician trained to evaluate patients with memory loss as there are many causes of memory loss.

In brief: Get evaluated
Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Darren Gitelman