Since I learned I am having a boy, I have been wondering if I should get him circumcised or not?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: It depends
This is more a personal, cultural & religious question than it is a medical one.
Research is currently very divided as to benefit if any. There is also increasing concern for causing pain. Some question sexual pleasure during adulthood. Still others look at risk for passing on sexually transmitted infections. Aside from all these factors, decide whether he should look like his father or not.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Joint decision
Between you & father to be.
There are strong arguments for and against & both views should be respected. True medical indications are few provided good future penile hygiene is anticipated. However, least traumatic time in the life of a male, to be circumcised, is as a neonate. Reduce the risk of uncommonly occurring urinary infections in babies, worthwhile if boy has any urinary tract abnormality.

In brief: Joint decision
Between you & father to be.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Shontae Buffington