I have cervical myelopathy. Should I have a spinal fusion, laminectomy or adjustment?

Dr. Greg Khounganian
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: No adjustment!
Myelopathy means you have symptoms due to pressure on the spinal cord in the neck.
Adjustments are absolutely out of the question. A decompression or fusion is the most appropriate treatment to stop progression of symptoms. However, the kind of procedure is dependent on the reason you have myelopathy. You need to see a spine surgeon in order to fully evaluate your problem.

In brief: No adjustment!
Dr. Greg Khounganian
Dr. Greg Khounganian
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
I 100% agree with Dr. Khounganian.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery
In brief: Surgery
If you have cervical myelopathy, surgery is typically the best way.
Check out Spine-health.com.

In brief: Surgery
Check out Spine-health.com.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: No adjustment
Any manipulation would not be advised.
The primary treatment of this issue is decompression of the cord which can be done by a laminectomy if indicated but there are also other procedures like laminoplasty or anterior approaches (which require a fusion) & sometimes with a laminectomy a fusion may be indicated if there is significant neck pain due to arthritis or instability or kyphosis deformity.

In brief: No adjustment
Any manipulation would not be advised.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Surgery
Cervical myelopathy is a dangerous condition that can increase risk of serious spinal cord injury.
Surgery is the recommended choice. The type of surg depends on pathology. Depending on your neck pathology you may need laminectomy alone or fusion w/ laminectomy.

In brief: Surgery
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: No adjustment
I favor anterior approaches corpectomy and fusions posterior approaches have muscular neck pain as a common side effect laminoplasty is a option that ia also talked about in my hands this procedure was not superior to simple laminectomies done in asia for ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament with fewer complication for that conditioncervical adjustments have caused paraplegia and stroke.

In brief: No adjustment
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Eric Weisman