U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

Should i see a specialist for chlamydia infection, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Obstetrics and Gynecology 21 years experience
See specialist: If you are a woman you should see an ob/gyn.Because chlamidia although is easy to treat, it already migh t ve caused damage to your reproductive organs leading to infertility. Plus you will need a full std panel as well with a pelvic exam. If you are a man, need also a full std panel and proper treatment.
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 18 years experience
Make sure that your physician gets a full sexual history as well as testing.
Feb 17, 2012

Similar questions

A 29-year-old member asked:

Do doctors see a lot of patients with chlamydia infections?

3 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Brown
Gynecology 45 years experience
Chlamydia is common: Chlamydia infections are common and often without any symptoms. If you have been exposed and conditions become favorable, the infection makes its way from the cervix to the uterus and tubes, causing serious infection. Such can lead to infertility. If you practice "high risk sexual behavior" tell your doctor to check for chlamydia (gonorrhea should also be checked also; it carries greater risk.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.