U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

How reduce pimple from face?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Many options: For treatment of acne, over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide gel or cream is helpful. If desired, a doctor can add an antibiotic gel or cream. If more help is needed, prescription retinoids such as Retin-A or Differin (adapalene) gel can be used instead of benzoyl peroxide. Oral antibiotics and dapsone gel are options also. If acne is quite severe, a dermatologist may prescribe oral Accutane.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 1, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.