U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old male asked:

What steps need to be followed to have a vasectomy. i am a 40 year male and we have a boy who is 20 months old. which doctors or specialists do i see preferably at panorama cape town. how long after op can i resume running and sexual activity. thanks?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 39 years experience
Urology consult: A urologist usually performs a vasectomy in the office. A urologist specializes in the male urinary tract and reproductive system. I suggest discussing when you can resume running and sexual activity again with your urologist so your advice can be individualized.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 8, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.