U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Safford, AZ
A 27-year-old male asked:

My question is i was diagnosed with chlamydia in 2008 i had it for seven months the was treated and to this day i still get a burning sensation when i urinate i am trying to have children and i am afraid the chlamydia may have affected my fertility ?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Time for a visit: You should not be burning with urination and certainly not from an old case of chlamydia that was properly treated. That issue should be worked out first. If you have been trying to get pregnant for more than a year you need to ask your OB about a fertility workup. Both you & spouse need to have tests done. If your tubes were affected they can educate you in options for pregnancy that bypass them
Last updated Jan 2, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.