U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 32-year-old female asked:

On continuous birthcontrol for endometriosis(no period since jan05).want 2 start trying 2 get pregnant, can i just stop taking it without going 2 doc?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
You can, but...: You can stop your continuous hormonal therapy, but... Endometriosis is likely to return rapidly. Why not consult with the GYN MD who is providing the Rx for your hormonal therapy first.. There may be some tips or alterations of your medication first before trying to conceive. Moreover, if TTC for 6 months fails at your age, a Fertility MD may be needed to move forward with your conception plans.
Dr. Roger Duvivier
Obstetrics and Gynecology 48 years experience
Yes you can but tell: You may "just stop taking your pill"yet it would be wise to tell your doctor and get advice about "preconception care,": folic acid, exercise. nutrition..., ovulation, your fertile periods etc. and make together the best plans for your Reproductive life.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 22, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.