U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Jacksonville, FL
A 28-year-old female asked:

i tested positive for gonorrhea but my husband was negative. i looked in his military records and no signs of him going behind my back. i'm confused?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Talk with partner: Occasionally there can be an error in testing ( false positive). You can have the test repeated before getting treatment but don't have sex until confirmed and treated. If it is still + then you need to speak with your partner and you partner should get tested. http://www.cdc.gov/std/Gonorrhea/STDFact-gonorrhea.htm
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
A few possibilities: The usual explanation in situations like this is that the male has had other partners. He may have been treated and didn't tell you; or his infection cleared up on its own, which can happen over a few weeks. If you were infected from someone else, your husband may just be lucky so far. Test results can be false, but rarely. You both need treatment, regardless of his test result. Good luck!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A member asked:

The gums above my two front teeth are swollen and I need them to go back to normal within 72 hours what do I do?

6 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Brush, rinse, floss: Brush and keep them clean, floss them gently and try rinsing with warm salt water in that area specifically. Rinse for a minute or so or as long as you can. This should help it go away. If the swelling is not going away you need to see your dentist to have it checked out. Good luck.
A 48-year-old member asked:

What's a lumbar sympathetic block procedure?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Troy Reyna
Pediatric Surgery 44 years experience
Local anesthesia: This is a block in which a local anesthesia is injected into the lumbar plexus of nerves to alleviate the symptoms of nerve irritation.
Woodford, VA
A 38-year-old female asked:

I have pain, deep and sharp and its located above my right pectoral region radiating to my upper back. What could this be!?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shahid Rafique
Internal Medicine 44 years experience
Many causes: Chest wall pain can have multiple reasons. It can be pain and inflammation of the ribs, rib cartilage, shingles, pain from the lung or pleura and referred pain from spine. A careful history and examination by your pcp will clarify the major groups and proper treatment can be initiated.
A male asked:

I keep on getting sist tipe absesses in my groins.Its been cut out several times but keep on comming back at a different spot.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 31 years experience
Hidradenitis supp.: You may have a 'cystic skin disease' called hidradenitis suppurativa. It mainly attacks the groin and armpits. Recurrent cysts are the general rule. You should get seen by a dermatologist to get a diagnosis and get the proper treatment (e.g. Oral antibiotics, injections, excisions...) hope you are better soon!
Grand Prairie, TX
A 18-year-old male asked:

My sister got her period last week and it came back 4 days later what could it be?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Need Gynecology Eval: Vaginal bleeding is not always your menstrual peiod. Sometimes women get miscarriages that happen about the time that they expect their periods. Also, there are a lot of conditions that can develop in the uterus that can cause bleeding such as fibroids, uterine polyps, cancer, infections, etc. Your sister should go and see her pcp or a gynecologist for an evaluation of her vaginal bleeding.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Nov 4, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.