U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Powder Springs, GA
A 36-year-old female asked:

I have factor v leiden and would like to know if there any type of birth control i can take? i have not had any blood clots

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Roy Arnold
Internal Medicine 48 years experience
Factor V Leiden: mutation increases likelihood of clotting disorders and miscarriage. Safest contraceptive is an IUD. Consult with your OB/Gyn and/or Primary care provider. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
Last updated Jan 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.