U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

I have the same issue. i have a couple of small but noticeable bumps that look like pimples on my penis. would like to know if they are warts, herpes?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can look: Bumps and rashes are difficult to describe in words. A primary care doctor, a urologist, or a dermatologist can examine penis bumps to see what they might be. Sometimes rashes are normal bumps like "pearly papules" or comedones (plugged skin pore, plugged hair follicle) but other times they may be from viruses like HPV or molluscum. For unusual rashes, a skin biopsy may be done by a dermatologist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 15, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.