U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have a cut on my inner labia for about 10 months. i think i got it from my last yeast infection. it hurts when i tought it. how can i treat it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nonyelu Anyichie
Obstetrics and Gynecology 25 years experience
Yeast: You need to be seen by a doctor. Over the counter yeast regimens like Monistat can be used if you get relief then it is most likely yeast. If no good improvement you may still have yeast but perhaps you will benefit from prescription strength yeast medications. But please consult your doctor for an exam incase you have other reasons for your symptoms. Goodluck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 19, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.