U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
South Africa
A 25-year-old female asked:

Usually i squeeze my breasts to feel any strange lumps or bumps but lately when i squeeze milk comes out and water.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Myrtle Oates
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Galactorrhea: Hello Mary, When a lady can express a watery milky fluid from her nipples, this is called galactorrhea . This type of fluid does not cause me to think of anything dangerous but I do have concerns that the pituitary gland may be producing too much of one of it's hormones. Consult your physician for additional hormonal testing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 30-year-old member asked:
When can newborns start having water instead of just breast milk or formula?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 51-year-old member asked:
What causes inflammed milk ducts; not breast feeding ; lumps in chest and r/breast. ?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
Nursing question-- can you dilute breast milk with water?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated May 7, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.