U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

I have already seen a urologist about testicle discomfort but he says im fine yet my discomfort is still there? advice?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Donato
Urology 26 years experience
Get Another Opinion: Testicle discomfort can be referred pain from another process, such as prostate inflammation, kidney stone, bulging lumbar discs or other intra-abdominal events. In rare cases, infection can be present with atypical agents, such as TB or fungus. If you are not improved, a second opinion should be sought. At a minimum, if no cause is found, certain neuropathic pain modulating meds could be tried.
Dr. Robert Donato
Urology 26 years experience
Provided original answer
Chronic, non-inflammatory pain of the testicle is known as "orchalgia". Many man have undergone surgical removal of the epididymis in attempts to cure the pain; it is not always successful, but if medications fail it is a final option. Good luck!
Feb 5, 2012

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.