A member asked:

Can you tell me how long a woman should be taken off of estrogen (birth control) before a gynecological, surgical procedure? what is the safe, standard amount of time? thank you

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

I : I am unsure if this is necessary, i can not think of any instances where this would be done. However there may be certain instances that I am not aware of. I would definitely need to know what surgery you are referring to. If not, pose thus question to the treating physician. I hope you find answers soon.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Thank
Dr. Raj Syal answered

No set time.: After a major procedure we may delay restarting estrogen until ambulation is normal.

Answered 4/4/2016

4.8k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more