A member asked:

What does it mean if the veins/tubes connected to the testicle are"swollen", have slight veiny lumps near the testicle?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kathleen Saradarian answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Varicocele: That sounds like a varicocele, which is typically described as feeling like "a bag of worms". It is very common and generally not a problem unless it interferes with fertility. But it should be checked by your doctor to confirm.

Answered 1/24/2018


Dr. Gabriel Goren answered

Specializes in

If it is: On the left side it is most probably varicocele. I have no idea how old you are but if you are an adult i would not neglect this as sometimes "things" that happen in the kidney can cause the symptoms you have described. If you are young and have this for years i would just make sure your sperm count is good. But if all this are new , see your doctor! a urologist preferred!

Answered 4/27/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question