U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Leesburg, FL
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have had my tubes tied 4 6 years today. is their any way my tubes can come untied without having to go to the dr office? if so how would i do that?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Weissberg
Obstetrics and Gynecology 56 years experience
No: Rarely a tied tube can grow back(open again) but in almost all cases you will need surgery to open them again.There is nothing you can do yourself.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.