U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

Would a urine pcr test is sufficient for detection of chlamydia trachomatis for women or have a chance for false negative result?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Chlamydia: I know of no good provider who would use urine testing for chlamydia in women. Chlamydia infects the cervix and other vaginal tissue. It is not found normally in the bladder or urethra in women. So, a urine test in women is the incorrect test.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 25-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.