U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Diego, CA
A 27-year-old female asked about a 27-year-old female:

If you go to the er for pelvic pain and the doctor takes your blood and urine, will they tell you if you have and std?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ashesh Patel
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Depends: If you are female and you go to er for pelvic pain, you will get blood/urine/vaginal tests for the following: (pregnancy test/yeast infection/ std: hiv, syphilis, trichomonas, gardnerella, chlamydia, gonorrhea/ non-std urine infection). You will get an ultrasound or ct scan to look for ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancy and appendicitis. You might get tested for hepatitis and herpes but not likely.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 6, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.