stomach problems like loose stool, cramps, and diarrhea a few times a month. related to my ssri or other problem? is this threatening to my health?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Not from SSRI: If it were from your ssri it would likely be daily. Intermittent symptoms such as yours are likely due to irritable bowel, diarrhea type. It is not threatening to your health, but it sure impairs the quality of your life. See a GI doctor or your family doctor for appropriate work-up and treatment. I suffered from it as a child and was hospitalized for it in fourth grade. There is treatment now.
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
1