Irvine, California

my 20month old is been having loose stools up to 5 times per day, dr says is just a virus but shes been like this for 4weeks, a virus last this much?

Dr. Frank Butera
No, but....: ...The important thing is if she is acting normally or sick. If she is not loosing weight, not vomiting, has no fever and is otherwise well, then there are three possibilities: 1. This is her normal stool pattern now. 2. The virus produced a temporary loss of an enzyme needed to digest certain foods. Usually, this is lactose and it can last a couple of months. 3. She has a parasite or bacteria.