I have developed geographic tongue, its constant. will it persist like this and be constant for the rest of my life?

Dr. Kenneth Van Stralen
38 years experience
Yes: It is not a disease. Geographic tongue is a condition. Usually it comes and goes.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
Don't worry: Do not worry about geographic tongue. This is a harmless condition that will come and go and does not need any treatment.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Usually: But not always. The extent and location of patches vary over time and many systemic and local factors play a role in its presence and appearance. It is benign and requires no treatment.