friend has adhd and takes 2 ritalins (methylphenidate) a day what would happen if i took some to study for something?

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Don't do it!: It is never a good idea to take someone else's medication. Ritalin (methylphenidate) is an amphetamine type drug and could cause a serious adverse effect.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Methylphenidate is not an amphetamine, it's a stimulant like caffeine.
Sep 8, 2012
Dr. Andres R Villar
Never a good idea: You would not want to use someone else's toothbrush.Why would you want to take their meds? Although these medications do help with focus and attention on pts without adhd.They are controlled substances, prescribed to be used only by the recepient, they have side effects, adverse reactions, contraindications and possible allergic reactions.Finally because it is not legal!
Dr. Jagwinder Sandhu
Adhd: Stimulants can have certain serious side effects and risk is higher if you don 't have adhd. So evaluation by a physician. Is important to determine if you need stimulants.