when broken bones heal does it get itchy?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Not typical: This is not typical, but since every individual is unique, it may be that your body reacts in that way.
Dr. Jennifer Tucker
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
The skin can: You may be immobilized in a cast after a fracture. The cast keeps your skin from sloughing normally which can cause itching. Also, increased blood flow in the area of our fracture can cause this as well.
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Yes. I believe its -: Due to the skin cells under a cast or a splint, which accumulate under the cast/splint, causing itching. Normally without such covering, the skin cells fall off, during normal activities. After the fx heals and cast is removed, with normal washing, the skin cells are removed, so itching decreases in a few days.