hurt my knee in soccer and hurts when i kick the ball. can't bend it all the way without hurting. and a very loud popping noise when bent. what is thi?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jared Adams
10 years experience General Practice
ACL: You may have damaged a ligament in your knee. I recommend seeing your doctor.
Answered on Sep 15, 2013
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Sound mechanical: A meniscal tear would b most likely. Bending the knee throws the wt. Bearing 2 the back and outter aspect of the joint & impinges th posterior aspect of the meniscus. Kicking a soccer ball causes the meniscal tear 2 b pulled into the joint due t the joints negative pressure, and a tear will cause pain as the torn flap of the tear is also sucked into the joint. C an ortho 4 eval, 2 b sure.
Answered on Sep 15, 2013