United Kingdom

Retina doctor can you advise me.. my r/s wants to do prp laser on a dead area in my peripheral retinal area..no neovasculation as been observed..

Dr. George Yang
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Does not make sense: That does not make any sense. The purpose of prp is to destroy tissue so that the eye does not attempt to create new vessels to supply the poorly perfused areas. If an area is already dead, prp will do nothing. Perhaps there is some miscommunication?
Dr. Colin McCannel
Retinal Surgery 31 years experience
Not unusual: It may be of benefit to treat the area even in the absence of neovascularization. Details of your situation would be necessary to give an exact answer. When in doubt, discuss with your retina surgeon, or get a second opinion.
Last updated Oct 12, 2013