do twins kick twice as much as single babies?

Dr. Thomas Riney
Each twin kicks: The normal amount that a singleton does.

Do baby monitors keep babies safe?

Dr. Michael Joseph
Pain Management 28 years experience
No: Baby monitors only help you keep your baby safe. It is your care in not leaving your baby unattended that keeps them safe.

Is it true that babies with colic are more easygoing later?

Dr. Thad Woodard
Specializes in Pediatrics
No: I have not heard this, nor is it my professional or personal experience.

What should I talk to my doctor about if I am having twins?

Dr. Linda Bernstein
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Being Prepared: Twins and other multiple pregnancies can be harder on you and your body. Depending on the type of twins you are carrying your risks may be higher or lower. You need to discuss mode of delivery, timing of delivery and any other concerns you may have. It's also important to make arrangments with work as well as with family and friends in case you have any complications.

Do I need to go to a specialist if I am having twins?

Dr. Caren Reaves
No: It depends on many factors including the experience of your doctor and the ability of your local hospitals to manage multiples. Many docs are quite capable of managing twins and only referring to specialists for complications. Others are not so comfortable and prefer a specialist manage twin pregnancies. Have an open conversation with your provider.

I am afraid of the shots that I have to give my months old baby! what is the problem in order to do them later when it is a bit older?I

Dr. Mark Diamond
Exposure: Waiting simply allows them further exposure to the diseases. And having a current epidemic of whooping cough(pertussis) where i practice, your child has an increased risk of serious disease and even death by waiting.And the shots are a much safer risk than taking a chance on getting the disease!