what does patchy erythema of the mucosa was noted in the antrum mean?

Dr. Mohammed Shafi
Gastroenterology 36 years experience
Gastritis: Mild gastritis-erythema means mild redness of the mucosa.

What is the treatment for erythema nodosum?

Dr. Jeffrey Weinberg
Dermatology 28 years experience
Pills: Usually nonsteroidals such as ibuprofen.

What symptoms of erythema multiforme are the most important?

Dr. Willam Lau
Infectious Disease 10 years experience
Redness and swelling: Watch out for progressive and severe redness and swelling that may produce blistering which may lead on to secondary bacterial infections.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
The term multiforme means that the skin eruption has many different appearing types of lesions. The problem is that it can progress to involve the entire surface of the skin, and must be managed like a second degree burn.
Mar 13, 2012

Is erythema multiforme a serious condition?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Can be.: Em is usually minor but can be fatal. The minor form is much more common and self limited. The major form involves mucous membranes, is much more extensive and includes systemic symptoms.

Can anyone tell me anything about erythema multiforme causes?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Yes.: Usually viral - hsv, drug related, mycoplasma, pregnancy, hep a or b, coccidiomycosis or ebv. In many cases no obvious cause is found.

I think I have erythema multiforme. What is the cure?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Depends: Erythema multiforme is a rash that is the final common pathway of many different conditions - often allergic type reactions to virus or medication. Treatment varies depending on what is causing the rash. This rash is often confused with urticaria which has similar causes. I would not make this DX without consulting your md since some cases of em can progress and become severe.

Last updated Sep 12, 2019