Brooklyn, NY

Can neck arthritus cause lower back pain?

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
Not really .: You can expect problems in the shoulder , arm , forearm , and hand due to nerve compression . Otherwise the pain is localized to the neck not going to the low back.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Lower back pain: Hello, arthritis is an autoimmune condition that can affect many different areas of the body. It is most likely that if arthritis exists in your neck, then the same condition probably exists in your lower back as we'll. Follow up with your doctor for therapy that may improve both areas of discomfort.