I recently miscarried - how do i get over the grief?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joel Pranikoff answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

You don't get over the grief, you get through it in stages.First, it is important to know you didn't cause the miscarriage.Pregnancies end for many reasons you and your doctor can't control.This is a very personal loss that others often can't appreciate.A famous researcher defined the stages of the grief process(denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance). Give it time. I am sorry for your loss.

Answered Oct 4, 2016

5.9k views

Dr. Steven Hanley answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Miscarrying a child is a traumatic experience, both physically and emotionally. Many women feel they have to grieve alone and this is unfortunate. Seek out a support group. Talk with friends who have had similar experiences. Consult a psychologist if the grief is unrelenting. Sharing your story will help you process the loss.

Answered Jan 15, 2016

1.7k views