I feel something in the back of my throat when i swallow and my ears feel clogged. help?

Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Many possibilities: The clogged sensation in the ears is usually a sign of eustachian tube dysfunction which could be from an irritant or allergies. Allergies can irritate your throat. Another possibility is reflux laryngitis. Acid from the stomach can actually cause nasal, sinus, and eustachian tube problems. Also, it can cause your throat to be irritated, sore, or feel like there is a lump in the throat. See an ent.

Last updated Jul 9, 2016