i wake up everymorning with some blood in my saliva. i usually brush my teeth before going to bed and i spit some blood while brushing . is it a gum disease?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dale Rottman
43 years experience Dentistry
Warning sign: Bleeding gums is a sign of infection. I recommend seeing a dentist for a thorough exam including a complete series of x-rays and probing to check for gum disease.
Answered on Sep 12, 2013
Dr. Larry Gottlieb
40 years experience Dentistry
Yes: The term "gum disease" covers a wide range of problems from mild to severe. Bleeding is an indication of inflammation in the gums. Probably due to plaque build up in an area that you can not effectively clean at home. In sever cases the bleeding can be profuse and there can be infection occurring. It sounds like your problem is mild to moderate. Go to the dentist or periodontist.
Answered on Oct 23, 2017
1