feels like a big pimple on the back of my head, what is it?

This would need to : Be examined for a definitive diagnosis.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
You may have a scalp cyst or and infection. See your dermatologist.
Sep 23, 2013

I have pimples on the back of my head , that seem never to go away , what can I do about this?

Dr. Michio Abe
See a dermatologist: Pimples on the back of your head can be something as benign as scalp folliculitis, acne, skin tags, epidermal inclusion cysts, acne, or warts and also something as serious as cancer. So it would be in your best interest to have them checked by a dermatologist.
New Rochelle, NY

I have pimples in back of my head what can I use?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Skin lesion in head: Skin disorders need to be seen. What you describe as "pimples" may be many things. Common lesions in the scalp could be impetigo or piodermititis, fungal, but even herpes zoster or herpes simplex, psoriasis, lupus, skin cancer, scabies etc. Show it to a dr. Or dermatologist.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 19 years experience
Are you of African decent?
Mar 15, 2012
TX

I have pimple like bumps on the back of my head what can be done to heal this?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Acne keloidalis?: A dermatologist will identify and treat this. Probably a type of folliculitis. Avoid shaving or close cropping of hair this area. Might benefit from antibiotic, usually mino(doxy)cycline in low dose for several months. Shower and shampoo daily.
GA
A male asked:

I have a lot of red bumbs on the back and side of my head it keeps getting worse and spreading it like a pimple ?

Pathology 49 years experience
Shampoo daily: These symptoms may be due to exposure to hot weather. Shampoo, use any shampoo, daily and try to keep your scalp dry.
Nashua, NH
A member asked about a 44-year-old male:

In August of 2015 hit the back part of his head really hard and it is still hurting, to the point he wakes up in tears. He has white pimple things all?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
It's hard to imagine: that one could have head trauma a year ago, still hurting to the point of tears, and not have had a neurological work up. Skull fracture, concussion, subdural hematoma, etc all should have been excluded by now. Head pain at this point now may not be related to original trauma. It almost sounds like condition now, with "white pimple things", might be shingles. Return to Doc for further eval.

Last updated Sep 30, 2013