Longboat Key, FL

Prior to going on hrt post menopause and now moving off it two years later my bp escalates. cancer through most of my family. am i better to stay on?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 46 years experience
Better to stop: Hrt raises your risk of breast cancer and blood clots. Early in the postmenopausal period, it may reduce your risk of heart disease but not as time goes on. You eventually would have to stop regardless. Might as well be now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Kurss
HT - for hot flashes: If you are experiencing bothersome hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and / or bone loss, ht is something to strongly consider. Family history of cancer is generally not a reason to not take ht. And BP control is not a reason to take ht. If no significant flashes, dryness, or osteopenia, may not need ht. Consider diff. Med for bp. Good luck.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014