CO

Are there any health benefits to smoking cigarettes or pipe tobacco?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
None: There is no medical benefit to smoking as the risks of harm are too great.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Nope, none: No known health benefits to using tobacco in any form.
I find it ironic that Native Americans used the pipe in ceremonies where only limited smoking was expected. Leave it to us to convert a cerimonial event into a daily act of self distruction.
Mar 20, 2012
Dr. Mohammad Homsi
Neurology 35 years experience
Actually smoking is harmful to the health, mu advice to you stay away from smoking to live long.
Mar 21, 2012
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Nope: There are simply no good effects to your body from smoking! It ravages your bones, your lungs, your skin, and makes every cell in your body more likely to become cancerous! Sorry, there is just no way to sugar coat this! I do like that you are on Healthtap ASKING the question however, which says to me you are taking an active role in your health. This is the first step!
Last updated Sep 28, 2016