poked my eye with finger nail how long to heal?

Dr. George Yang
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Depends: It really depends on what was injured with the fingernail. For example, if you scratched your cornea (the shell of your eye), usually, the abrasion will heal in 1-2 days. However, if the injury is severe enough, it could lead to infections, eye pressure problems and even vision loss. You should be evaluated by an eye md.
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Ophthalmology 50 years experience
24 hours: The eye is the fastest healing tissue and if not infected or large it should heal in 24 hours.
Dr. Lloyd Williams
Ophthalmology 13 years experience
About 1-4 days: It depends on the size of the scratch. Uncomplicated small scratches or abrasions can heal in 24 hours. The entire corneal surface can heal in 3-4 days. If there is infection, chemical burn, or other significant disease, though, all bets are off.