how might the environment of a patient with hyperthyroidism be modified to minimize drain on the body energy ?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Endocrinology 33 years experience
Avoid heat: The main environmental factor affecting someone with hyperthyroidism would be heat. Anyone with hyperthyroidism should talk to their doctor about avoiding strenuous activity in hot environments, especially if the hyperthyroidism is severe. Lowering the thermostat might help someone with hyperthyroidism be more comfortable, but has to be balanced with the comfort of others and electricity costs.