im on methadone n my dr gave me a prescription 4 clonazepam. it's only 0.5 so is it safe 2 take them 2gather?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Steven Reidbord
36 years experience Psychiatry
Not really: While it's safe from a purely medical perspective, it's not safe from a recovery perspective. If you take Methadone because you previously abused opiates, it's risky to take anything else that people easily and often abuse. This includes tranquilizers like clonazepam. If you are prescribed them at all, it's vitally important that you take them exactly as prescribed, and not take extra.
Answered on Jun 28, 2014
2
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
58 years experience Neurology
Yes !: Methadone is the important drug Clonazepam 0.5 mg is an insignificant addition.
Answered on Sep 23, 2020
1