How to cure pimples?

6 doctors weighed in across 6 answers

See dermatologist: You should see a dermatologist who could evaluate your skin further and individualize your treatment regimen for acne.

Answered 5/29/2014

4.9k views

Scientific Rx: If topical benzoyl peroxide has not cleared you in two weeks and/or it's on your trunk, get with a mainstream scientific physician who can add prescription-strength meds such as topical Clindamycin and/or a retinoic acid derivative, perhaps something stronger.

Answered 4/8/2018

4.9k views

Keep at bay: While you're a male teen, all we can do is keep them controlled. For the long-term, often a systemic antibiotic is best for most men; your physician can make a recommendation. Over-the-counter drugs fail except for benzoyl peroxide; you may wish to add this. All acne can be controlled nowadays and it's your right. Good luck.

Answered 3/30/2017

5.3k views

Dr. Christine Hom answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Acne: During puberty, there is an increase in sebum production in the skin. Sebum and skin debris clog pores and the blockage results in inflammation. Gently cleaning the surface of the skin and applying acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide or prescription clindamycin help reduce the bacteria and clean up to the top layer of the skin allowing the pimples/comedones to clear over time.

Answered 6/23/2018

933 views

Manage them: Acne cannot be cured until it self-cures as you get older. There's no predicting when. I was able to stop treating mine when I was 50. Until then, topical benzoyl peroxide and/or topical retinoic acid are your best friends; about half of acne patients will need to add prescription-strength medication from their physicians. Ignore all "pop" advice about treatments and supposed causes.

Answered 5/22/2017

933 views

Dr. Clarence Grim answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Pimples cure?: What is cure for pimples? ANS: I do not know your age or gender so hard to tell. If a teenager the "cure" is wait till your hormones stabilize and they go away. I know they are hard to deal with at a young age. If your local Dr can't help control them then ask to see a Dermatologist who specializes in pimples. They may be able to help some or a lot depending on cause.

Answered 11/24/2016

876 views