GA

is it ok to take claritin (loratadine) when you're already taking prednisone, ventolin, hydroxyz, atrovent, flovent, and fluticasone propionate? would it work?

Yes: The Claritin (loratadine) fills a nitch that is not fully addressed by the other medications you list and should be compadible with all of them.It will work as an antihistamine.Whether you can detect an improvement in symptoms given the other things you are treating is hard to say.
Dr. Jeffrey Rumbyrt
Allergy and Immunology 32 years experience
Ok but why?: Claritin (loratadine) is a decent enough antihistamine but is not as strong as Hydroxyzine and certainly not as strong as prednisone. If your allergies are that severe, you should see an allergist right away!