A member asked:

My 10mo daughter just fell out of a high chair at taco bell and hit her head on the ground she is dozing off after crying 10min should we go to er?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Yes: Dozing of after crying means she could be getting lethargic. I'd take her to the er.

Answered 9/3/2013

4.9k views

Thank

Concussion?: Better safe than sorry but i recommend you go to the ed for evaluation especially if your daughter is hard to arouse.

Answered 9/3/2013

4.9k views

Thank
Dr. Robert Kent answered

Specializes in Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

Yes: It could be nothing, but it also could be something very serious. I would recommend a visit for at least a physical exam to see if there are any neurologic signs to be concerned about. If she vomited after the fall, get to the er immediately. I would recommend having her checked out because the falling asleep could be something more serious as well. I hope all is well.

Answered 5/16/2016

4.9k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more