why is my wound still purple?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
Color of new skin: The scar has new skin which is thin and delicate and purple in color. The wound will remodel itself, gain strength and change color over 6 to 12 months. At a year the color will be very close to your regular skin color.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Natural Process: As injured skin heals, the body creates inflammation to do so which means fresh blood goes to the area and with it, many kinds of healing factors and cells. One type is called melanocytes which carry our skin pigment melanin. A healing occurs, these cells get deposited int he area and give it the purlishish coloration you see. Over time, there will be some fading as the injury matures.
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care 36 years experience
New scar: It's ok! all wounds leave some scarring it may be pink purple white or dark and be different than the normal skin tone in time it matures and tends to approach the normal color but it's a scar not skin so it may end up a different color. If it was brused and it's only a few days a small wound may close faster than the bruise is reabsorbed.