Beaverton, OR

What if i can't get off morphine sr can i still have a baby? i shouldn't even be alive.. pain meds barely treat my pain. i know baby have withdrawals but 4 how long? cases where baby healthy?

Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology 25 years experience
Complex: Of course you can have a child, but approach to your addiction is multidisciplinary. Look for care at the major university, where your prenatal care can be coordinated with pain and addiction specialists. Talk to your prescribing physician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Timothy Raichle
Not ideal: You need to schedule a visit with a maternal fetal medicine specialist (or mfm). It sounds like you have a complicated situation that you are dealing with. You can have a healthy pregnancy but there will need to be appropriate counseling and monitoring of you and the fetus during and after the pregnancy.
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Leanswered
Pain Management 18 years experience
Opiate & pregnancy: It is not recommended to use opiate in the pregnancy. It can affect fetal development in the first trimester and it can cause great stress for the baby due to withdrawal. If you are so dependent on the opiate, please discuss it with your doctor before trying to have a baby.