dark brown urine signs of labor?

You may be : Very dehydrated. Don't know how far along you are. Please d/w your obstetrician.

Why do I have a constant need to urinate but can't excrete more than a small amount of urine at a time?

Dr. Erin Alward
Possible UTI: There are several things that can cause decreased bladder emptying. The most common is a urinary tract infection (uti). There can be some more concerning things as well. Your doctor needs to be notified about this change.

Is it safe to take oxytocin in labor?

Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
No: Unfortunately, there are many "stories" about oxytocin told by friends or magnified on the internet. The truth is....Oxytocin is not only safe, but it has saved millions of lives by being able to deliver babies that wouldn't have been delivered prior to it's discovery.

Tobacco can it show up in a urine test for insurance?

Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: A metabolite of nicotine, cotinine, is often tested by insurance companies. Cotinine can be detected in urine or oral fluid for three days after last use, may be longer depending on the genetic make up of the individual.

If I have a urine incontence problem, how often should I empty my bladder?

Dr. Scott Beard
Urogynecology 25 years experience
As required: But the more often you empty it likely you will result in smaller and smaller volumes. As your blotter volume diminishes the problem will likely increase.

What is the name of the condition were u can not poo or urinate when people are around?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology 16 years experience
Paruresis.: Paruresis is the avoidance of, or the inability to use the toilet in the presence of others. It is listed in the dsm-iv, the classification manual used by psychiatrists, as a social phobia. This can be a serious condition & an issue in cases of employer-based urine drug screening. For those who experience significant anxiety, treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy & support groups exist.

Last updated Oct 4, 2013