United Kingdom
A 16-year-old male asked:

I have lots of red patches in my mouth it doesn't hurt at all tho but some red patches are statring to lump? what is this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gary Greenly
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Oral thrush: You need to see a general doctor or dentist, but my best guess from your description is oral thrush, or a fungal infection in your mouth. This can be caused by various conditions, but immune deficiency can be involved. Treatment usually involves an oral antifungal like diflucan, or an oral rinse like kenalog (triamcinolone) in orobase. If these are not a "quick fix" then the situation should be further explored.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.