can anything be done about scarring caused by acne?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
Yes: Both depressed and elevated scars can be treated with lasers and fillers. Fractionated lasers can improve depressed scars. Long term filler can be used in stretchable acne scars for longterm benefit.Laser has a healing time of 3-4 days after the procedure.
Dr. Frederick Coville
Plastic Surgery 39 years experience
Yes: Acne scarring is one of things i love to treat because good treatment can make a wonderful difference to someone's life. Combination therapy works best, there is no one magic bullet. Don't believe anyone that tells you that. I like a combination of prescription creams, chemical peels, microneedling, judicious lasers and occasionally plastic surgery techniques. See an experienced skin specialist.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
Co2 laser: Co2 laser/dermabrasion will help.You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon before deciding . Sometimes simple excision can be the right choice.